NIMART Online Course
Nurse Initiated Management of Anti-Retroviral Therapy (NIMART) Online Course
INTRODUCTION TO NIMART
- Nurse Initiated Management of Antiretroviral Therapy (NIMART) has been developed to improve the health and survival of people living with HIV (PLHIV).
- It does this by equipping Registered Professional Nurses (RPNs) with the knowledge, attitudes and skills to initiate and manage clients on anti-retroviral therapy (ART).
- Nurse prescribing is governed by section 56(6) of the Nursing Act, 2005.
- The Act requires that RPNs practice within the scope of practice and be authorised to prescribe selected medications following competency-based education and training.
ABOUT THE NEWLY UPDATED NIMART COURSE
NIMART Learning Process
1. Complete the NIMART 2022 learning modules :
- This includes 21 Modules with in-module multiple-choice questions (MCQ) assessments
- ≥70% pass mark for each module quiz is required
2. Complete the Final Exam in MCQ format:
- This includes 30 MCQ questions
- ≥70% pass mark for the exam is required
- There is a 120-minute time limit for exam completion
3. Work through the Case Scenarios:
- 10 case scenarios with in-module multiple-choice questions (MCQ) assessments
- ≥70% pass mark for each case scenario quiz is required
The cost of the NIMART course, exam and case studies is R4,500 including VAT*.
*2023 pricing. Course pricing is subject to change each year.
WHO SHOULD ENROL?
EARN CPD POINTS
The course is CPD-accredited for 30 Clinical points subject to completion and a 70% and above pass mark.*
REGISTRATIONS ARE NOW OPEN
Click here to download the application form. Please complete and return the form, along with the required supporting documents, to firstname.lastname@example.org
This online course will take +/-60 hours of online learning to complete at your own pace. You have up to 6 months to complete the online course, MCQs and final exam.
*CPD accreditation for this course only applies to healthcare professionals registered under the Health Professions Act.