NIMART Online Course
Nurse Initiated Management of Anti-Retroviral Therapy (NIMART) Online Course
INTRODUCTION TO NIMART
- Nurse Initiated Management of Antiretroviral Therapy (NIMART) has been developed to improve the health and survival of people living with HIV (PLHIV).
- It does this by equipping Registered Professional Nurses (RPNs) with the knowledge, attitudes and skills to initiate and manage clients on anti-retroviral therapy (ART).
- Nurse prescribing is governed by section 56(6) of the Nursing Act, 2005.
- The Act requires that RPNs practice within the scope of practice and be authorised to prescribe selected medications following competency-based education and training.
ABOUT THE NEWLY UPDATED NIMART COURSE
NIMART Learning Process
1. Complete the NIMART 2022 learning modules :
- This includes 21 Modules with in-module multiple-choice questions (MCQ) assessments
- ≥70% pass mark for each module quiz is required
2. Complete the Final Exam in MCQ format:
- This includes 30 MCQ questions
- ≥70% pass mark for the exam is required
- There is a 120-minute time limit for exam completion
3. Work through the Case Scenarios:
- 10 case scenarios with in-module multiple-choice questions (MCQ) assessments
- ≥70% pass mark for each case scenario quiz is required
The cost of the NIMART course, exam and case studies is R4,500 including VAT*.
*2023 pricing. Course pricing is subject to change each year.
WHO SHOULD ENROL?
REGISTRATIONS ARE NOW OPEN
Click here to download the application form. Please complete and return the form, along with the required supporting documents, to email@example.com
This online course will take +/-60 hours of online learning to complete at your own pace. You have up to 6 months to complete the online course, MCQs and final exam.