Advanced HIV Management Online Course - for Nurses
Advanced HIV Management Course for nurses
The Southern African HIV Clinicians Society (SAHCS) worked with key HIV experts to develop this Advanced HIV Management Course for nurses.
ABOUT THE COURSE
The course is available on an easy-to-use e-learning platform.
The aim of this course is to provide nurses with advanced HIV treatment knowledge regarding the management of patients that present with advanced disease, and will develop a nurses ability to effectively monitor patients and provide quality clinical care.
The cost of the course is R1,200 (incl. VAT)*
*2022 pricing. Course pricing is subject to change each year.
WHO SHOULD ENROL?Professional nurses who are NIMART-trained.
REGISTRATIONS ARE NOW OPEN
Online registration form: click hereAlternatively email Mirriam on email@example.com or call 011 728 7365 for further information.
DURATIONThe length of the course is 6 to 8 weeks to complete online.
Click here to download
COURSE FOCUS AREAS
- Basic Science
- Diagnosis in adults and adolescents
- Staging, clinical features, OIs and STIs
- TB/HIV Coinfection, IPT and TB Infection Control
- Contraception and Safe Conception
- Nutrition and HIV
- Practical Application: Initial/Pre ART assessment of a patient living with HIV
- Principles of ART Theory
- Classes of ART, ART Drugs and side effects
- Practical Application: ART initiation
- Preparing your patient to adhere to ART
- Monitoring on ART
- Drug Interactions
- Practical Application: The Management of a Patient on ART
- Special Populations
- Management of the adolescent
- Infant feeding
- Paediatric testing
- Paediatric examination, staging, and OI’s
- Paeds HIV management
- Health System Topics
- Differentiated Care
- Preventing Drug Stockouts
- Adverse Events from Medication Reporting
- ART Data Management
ONLINE PAYMENT OPTION:Advanced HIV Management Online Course - for Nurses
Cost: R1 200.00. Click the link to pay via Payfast