Following the resounding success of the first meeting in Africa of the International Workshop on HIV Drug Resistance and Treatment Strategies in 2017, we encourage HIV care providers, researchers and investigators to join us in Johannesburg, South Africa, for the next premier academic meeting on antiretroviral drug resistance taking place from 22 to 23 October 2018.
The 27th International Workshop on HIV Drug Resistance and Treatment Strategies will address the continuous challenge of resistance to antiretrovirals globally.
- Preclinical Resistance
- New Resistance Technologies and Interpretations
- Clinical Implications of Resistance for Treatment and Prevention Strategies
- Epidemiology of Resistance
- Strategies to Prevent Spread of Resistance
- Resistance in Children
- Modelling Resistance
- Strategies to Improve Antiretroviral Therapy
- Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis and Resistance
- Programme: Leading clinical investigators, laboratory scientists, epidemiologists, programme directors and other stakeholders will present and discuss the latest findings on the mechanism and spread of HIV drug resistance and its clinical implications.
- Dates: Monday, 22 October 2018 - Tuesday, 23 October 2018.
- Optional extra: Wednesday, 24 October 2018 - half-day educational workshop focussing on integrated adherence and virological monitoring; insights from the ITREMA trial. This half-day workshop is open to all International Workshop on HIV Drug Resistance delegates at no additional cost.
- Venue: Gallagher Convention Centre, Midrand, Johannesburg, South Africa.
Visit our website www.HIVresistance2018.co.za
Dr Gillian Hunt | National Institute for Communicable Diseases (NICD), South Africa
Dr Pontiano Kaleebu | MRC/UVRI & LSHTM Uganda Research Unit & Uganda Virus Research Institute, Uganda
Dr John Mellors | University of Pittsburgh, USA
Dr Deenan Pillay | Africa Health Research Institute, South Africa and University College London, UK
Dr Elliot Raizes | Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, USA
Dr Douglas Richman | VA San Diego Healthcare System and University of California San Diego, USA
Dr Francois Venter | Wits Reproductive Health and HIV Institute, South Africa
Dr Carole Wallis | Lancet Laboratories and BARC-SA, South Africa
Dr Annemarie Wensing | University Medical Center Utrecht, the Netherlands